Saturday, October 16, 2010

So busy...




This is truly a season of change, with the leaves changing to a beautiful golden yellow or bright red, and it is also a season full of activities. October brings a lot of fun things for me. I am a pushover for anything Halloween... decorations, treats, movies or music. I just love anything orange and purple. There are a lot of Halloween things going on in October, The witches at Gardener's Village, Halloween parties, decorating, etc. We also celebrate my little princess's birthday along with my own. Let's not forget the birthdays of 6 other close relatives.

This October has seemed even more busy than others in the past. We spent Conference weekend in Park City with my family, a tradition we started a few years ago and that I look forward to every fall. We celebrated Reagan's birthday, took a trip to Bear Lake, participated in my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary party, ward girls night at my house, I just finished throwing a cousin a baby shower, am throwing Reagan a birthday party next week, I have my wards Primary Program next Sunday so we have a practice tomorrow and next Friday to prepare (I am the president and am feeling the weight of their success on my shoulders). Thank heavens for great councelors. I have had 3 photo sessions and one next week, gotta get my hair done, celebrate my birthday at the end of the month, trick or treat, and attend my mom's halloween party.

Phew.

That made me tired just writing it down. All of that in one month.

I realize that I do a lot of that to myself. I could probably drop a few of those things or try and rearrange them, but I didn't want to miss out on any of them. I know the month is only half way over, and I still have quite a bit more to go in the next two weeks, but I am glad we've done so many things. I am glad I was a part of it all.

There have been moments when I wanted to pass out on the couch and I couldn't help asking myself what in the world I was doing and why I thought it was a good idea to agree to all of it, but in the end every individual event was so great and worth the efffort. So, although I am tired most days and feel overwhelmed by all of the activities filling our days, I am also so happy and fulfilled knowing I am doing so many things for the people I love. I am filled with love just being around them. It is all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment